Having a business is not easy especially if you are in a place where there a lot of competition and you have low budget for advertising. Typically, businesses do not succeed much without customers and customers will not be aware that your business exists without promotion and advertising.
In the field of business management, you will obviously hear the term “QR codes” in many strategic planning for service and product promotion. If you are new in the field, you might be wondering what is a “QR Code” and what good can it do for your business.
QR codes (Quick Response codes) are two-dimensional codes that can be read by QR barcode readers on mobile devices. QR codes appear as black modules put into a specific order in a square – like model in a white background. QR codes contain information about your business in text or URL link.
The code is initially made to decode contents and provide INSTANT information about a certain product or service. Mobile phone users can scan QR codes and immediately be directed to your website, your coupon, your online video, or to a personal message from you – and many other options.
Quickly becoming popular in Japan a few years ago, QR codes were used to track parts of automobiles during manufacturing. However, due to the possibilities of the Internet, QR codes are now used to introduce new marketing strategies that provide additional customers and higher ROI to business owners.
Listed below are five examples of how to use QR codes effectively to help your business:
- Due to the popularity of social media, your QR codes can be attached to your web pages or social media profiles such as Facebook. That way, users can scan through the code and be directed to the information you want to get across.
- You can have QR code added to your business card to direct customers to your business website or promotional offer. If you want them to simply be directed to your website, you can set-up the QR code to do so. If you want them to simply be provided with a promotional offer, you can set-up the QR code to do that as well.
- If your business involves sending packages to your customers, you can use QR codes to take customers to online guides and presentations about using your product. Or you can send them to a customer manual that will give them tips on using the product.
- Online press releases are one of the best ways to gain online visibility for your business. However, this visibility is intensified with inclusion of QR codes in your press releases. After being intrigued to learn more about your business after reading your press release, the viewer can simply scan your QR code with their mobile device to be taken to your website for more information.
Include on All Printed Advertisements
- QR codes are great for branding your business and creating awareness. You’ve probably noticed that more and more businesses are using QR codes on their flyers, postcards, billboards, t-shirts, coffee mugs… pretty much all of their marketing materials. The powerful idea behind this is that once the user scans the QR code, they can instantly gain access to whatever information you want them to have.
The possibilities are endless!