There are a lot of new and exciting marketing strategies formulated every day in an attempt to penetrate into the public’s interests. One of the most effective, cutting-edge marketing methods being used today is mobile marketing. Thanks to the overwhelmingly popular cell phone, businesses can no longer ignore the importance of a mobile-friendly presence if they really want to reach their target audiences.
Mobile marketing encompasses many different types of marketing techniques and strategies that help businesses increase profits and ROI. The most popular forms of mobile marketing today are: mobile-friendly websites, SMS text message marketing, and QR (Quick Response) codes.
You may be wondering why everyone is hopping on the mobile marketing bandwagon…
This should help clear it up:
- Consumers are using their mobile devices to access the Internet more than ever before – and it’s expected to grow at astonishing rates over the next few years. If your business is not using mobile methods to attract customers, you are simply missing out on business.
- There are approximately 4.5 BILLION mobile subscribers across the world. This means that you can target pretty much anyone using mobile methods.
- Most mobile device users keep their phones within arm’s reach over 90 percent of the time. So if you use SMS Text Message Marketing, most of your messages will be opened and read by your recipients. This leads to higher promotional redemption rates, which leads to more sales, which leads to more profits.
- Americans today are spending an average of three hours per day on the Internet from their mobile devices. Your business should have the proper mobile presence if you want to get a piece of this action.
- In 2009, approximately half a BILLION people went online using their mobile device. This number is expected to double within the next 5 years. It’s not too late to implement mobile marketing techniques in your business. This technology is still in its infancy and if you jump on board now, your chance of success will be much greater.
- By 2014, mobile Internet usage exceeded desktop Internet usage. This means that reaching your audience via mobile methods is even more crucial if you want to beat your competition.
- According to Facebook official statistics from their fourth quarter 2015, Facebook revealed it now has 1.59 billion monthly active users (up 14 percent year-over-year), and 1.44 billion are monthly mobile users (up 21 percent year over year). Facebook also shared that it now has 1.04 billion daily active users (a 17 percent bump year over year) and 934 million mobile daily active users (a 25 percent increase year over year). Put another way, 65.41 percent of all Facebook members use the service daily, and 64.86 percent of mobile members use it daily as well.
These facts indicate the serious impact that mobilizing your business will have on your sales, profits, and ROI over the coming months and years.